Certificate III Civil Construction
Course includes 7 cards!
White Card, Roller, Excavator, Skid Steer, Backhoe, Front End Loader and Traffic Control
Who is this qualification for?
RII30809 Cert III in Civil Construction Plant Operations is for those currently employed in the civil construction industry who want to gain the skills they need to improve their performance and opportunities for progression in the workforce.
Participants in the program will be required to do manual work over long periods. A level of health and fitness suitable to the role is required.
A required level of literacy and numeracy skill required at the appropriate level to undertake tasks such as, reading and interpreting engineering drawings and calculations of volume.
TRAINEES MUST BE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE
Benefits for employer
- Research shows that productivity increases while training takes place
- Training increases staff retention which is a significant cost saving
- Improved accuracy and efficiency, better communication and services
- Reduces wasted time, materials and workplace accidents
Benefits for employees
- Time management and customer satisfaction
- Inter-staff communication and leadership
- Improved staff morale and satisfaction
- Better work safety practices
- Work safely and follow OHS policies and procedures
- Plan and organise work
- Communicate in the workplace
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Identify, locate and protect underground services
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Carry out basic levelling
- Carry out manual excavation
- Operate small plant and equipment
- Spread and compact materials manually
- Use hand and power tools
- Drain and dewater civil construction site
- Support plant operation
- Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
- Conduct civil construction bulldozer operations
- CPCCOHS100A Work safely in the construction industry
Flexible Training Options
Training is conducted off the job, which provides participants the opportunity to share ideas and knowledge. It is a flexible method where the time for training can be allotted around work activities to minimise interruptions.
Blended learning options – with the greatest flexibility for participants to conduct training at their own pace and convenience.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
By supporting employees to up skill employers may be eligible for Federal Government financial incentives. Eligibility criteria applies.
– Must be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand citizen
– Should not have done higher than a Certifice II in any subject
If you are not eligible for funding but would still like to do the training, there is a payment option available for you!
There are several locations to choose from!
Dandenong, Geelong, Laverton North or Epping